VisitBritain is the national tourism agency for Britain – a non-departmental public body funded by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS). It works with a wide range of partners in both the UK and overseas, to grow the volume and value of inbound tourism across the nations and regions of Britain. It is the consumer, trade and media facing brand of inbound tourism.
As part of the same parent organisation, VisitEngland is responsible for driving the development of England’s tourism product. This represents a change in focus for the VisitEngland brand, and promises to deliver a series of exciting developments for England’s tourism offering as a whole.
We aim to deliver 40 million international visitors, spending £31.5m by 2020, with our key corporate priorities for 2017/2018 as follows:
- Deliver tourism growth across the nations and regions
- Deliver the Discover England Fund
- Deliver research and insights to inform government, industry and our marketing activity
- Deepen our partner relationships to leverage value
- Develop our role in the Business Visits and Events sector