On October 9th, 2018, VisitBritain launched our annual review, announcing that visitors spent more than £1 billion in Britain last year as a result of our international and domestic activity. This means that for every £1 that Government invested in us, we delivered £25 to the British economy – spread across the nations and regions.
2017 set a record for inbound tourism to Britain with 39.2 million visits and £24.5 billion visitor spend. We’re on track to break our target of 40 million inbound visitors this year – two years early. In addition, domestic holidays saw good growth last year with £70 billion spent in England by domestic visitors.
Our strategic priorities for 2017/2018 are as follows:
- Deliver tourism growth across the nations and regions
- Delivery of the Discover England Fund
- Deliver and amplify the GREAT #OMGB marketing campaigns
- Deliver research and insights to inform Government, industry and our marketing activity
- Deepen our partner relationships to leverage value
- Develop our role in the business events sector
- Ensure that we manage our funds efficiently and comply with Government guidelines
- Build the skills and capabilities of our staff and teams to deliver on our priorities
To find out more about the VisitBritain Annual Review, please visit the Annual Review website.