Developing England’s tourism product. Promoting Britain worldwide. Boosting visitor spend.
As the national tourism agency – a non-departmental public body funded by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS), VisitBritain/VisitEngland* plays a unique role in building England’s tourism product, raising Britain’s profile worldwide, increasing the volume and value of tourism exports, growing the UK’s valuable business events sector and developing England and Britain’s visitor economy.
- The India market strategy identifies positioning, travel trade, product and access as the four main areas of focus to increase arrivals into the UK from India
- Travel trade plays an important role in influencing consumers’ choice of destination in India – it is identified in the India strategy to raise Britain’s level of engagement with the travel trade
- Positioning: Positive messaging on destination and access for London and beyond, by the British High Commissioner to India and the Deputy High Commissioners reiterating the message of ‘ India and the UK ‘ being an unbeatable combination.
- Product: Increase destination awareness of ‘London and beyond’ as well as an introduction to new products via www.visitbritainshop.com
- Access: Active participation and positive messaging from Airlines and UK Visas and Immigration ( UKVI ). Our engagements with UKVI provide clarity on visas to the trade and media.
- Travel trade: Active engagement with the travel trade to address the key focus areas of positioning, product and access jointly with strategic partners. Also, appraise the trade on opportunities to partner with VB and expand the BritAgent footprint in the cities covered.
Your Local Contact
B2B Manager India
VisitBritain, British High Commission,
New Delhi 110 021
Telephone: +91 11 2419 2100 (Extn. 2347)
Your Local Contact
Travel Trade Executive,
Visit Britain, British Deputy High Commission
Naman Chambers, 11th Floor, C/32 G Block,
Bandra Kurla Complex, (Opposite Dena Bank), Bandra (East),
Mumbai 400 051
Telephone : 9+91 22 66502107
Below we list information and useful links to help you sell Britain
Practical information for visiting the UK – Opening hours, VAT, National Holidays and more.
Maps and guides – City maps, national park guides, London Transport and more.
Event Calendar – Overview of upcoming consumer events across the UK.
VisitBritain Shop – Offers a wide range of attractions, tours and travel tickets.
VisitBritain Images – Provides access to a wide selection of image assets.
Meetings & Events – All you need to know about hosting your client’s business event in Britain.
BritAgent – Online training programme created to provide you with specialised product and destination knowledge.
VisitBritain.com – Commercial website
VisitBritain.org – For data and destination insights
Every month we highlight the latest news and information for travel professionals selling Britain.
Are clients not too sure about those practical bits and bobs for their trip to Britain? Never fear – here is all you need to know on those questions. (You’ll find all you need to know to answer even their trickiest question…)
And find our maps and guides to the UK here
From traditional and tasty to cultured and quirky, there are thousands of events of all different types happening in Britain every month. Click here for our comprehensive list of the best events going on in 2018-19.
Get access to a wide range of recommended attractions, tours and travel essentials through the VisitBritain Shop.
For a wide selection of image assets, click here.
From great venues and leading international event professionals to world-renowned research and expertise, here is everything you need to know about hosting your client’s business event in Britain.
Looking to up-skill even more on Britain? Check out the latest modules available on the BritAgent training platform.
Sign up for our newsletter