VisitBritain is the national tourist board for Great Britain with the remit to promote Britain to potential visitors in a modern and appealing way.
Our travel trade strategy in Nordics is to work with key intermediaries to generate incremental visitors across the nations (England, Wales, Scotland & Northern Ireland) and regions of Britain. In addition, we work alongside the UK tourism industry and local intermediaries, to identify opportunities for developing and offering attractive tourism products for the Nordic markets.
To achieve this, VisitBritain will:
- Work with industry partners to leverage reach and value
- Bring relevant new product and experiences to market
- Ensure the most relevant destination content is available
Practical information for travel to the UK during 2020
We want to emphasise the message that travel for EU clients to the UK in 2020 does not change:
• Clients can continue to travel using their passports and national ID cards
• Clients will not need a visa for holidays or short-term visits
• Flights, ferries and trains will continue to operate as normal
• Pet owners will be able to travel using their EU pet passport
• Clients European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will still be valid
• Clients can still drive in Great Britain using your EU driving licence
For the most up-to-date information on visiting the UK, please see the official government website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visiting-the-uk-after-brexit
Clients can also be referred to our consumer websites for the most up-to-date information in Swedish, Norwegian and Danish:
We have also made available assets for use in communication with clients in Swedish, Norwegian and Danish. An explanatory YouTube video and infographic to share with clients can be found here:
We thank you for your continued support and look forward to working with you in the years to come!
Your VisitBritain team.
Your Local Contact
B2B Manager Nordic
VisitBritain c/o British Embassy
Telephone: +46 (0)8 671 3095
Mobile: +46 (0)70 875 4841
Below we list information and useful links to help you sell Britain
Practical information for visiting the UK – opening hours, VAT, National Holidays and more.
Maps and guides – city maps, national park guides, London Transport and more.
Event Calendar – overview of upcoming consumer events across the UK.
VisitBritain Shop – offers a wide range of attractions, tours and travel tickets.
VisitBritain Images – provides access to a wide selection of image assets.
Meetings & Events – all you need to know about hosting your client’s business event in Britain.
BritAgent – online training programme created to provide you with specialised product and destination knowledge.
Sign up for our newsletter