Attending Trade Events
Welcome to VisitBritain Events
VisitBritain holds a number of events throughout the year in both the UK and overseas. The objective of these events is to connect UK tourism product with international buyers to generate new business to Great Britain.
We hold several types of events:
- Destination Britain events – these are our larger international events which normally attract 100+ buyers from the market.
- Sales Mission / Roadshows – these are slightly smaller events but generally more focused on a particular sector such as luxury, shopping, etc.
- Exhibitions – these are large shows run by third parties such as Reed Exhibitions. VisitBritain occasionally holds a Britain pavilion which UK suppliers can join.
- ExploreGB – this is our biggest annual travel trade show held in the UK which hosts over 1,000 delegates from 40+ international markets.
We’re here to help
This support portal gives you access to important documents and FAQs for each of our missions.
However we’re always here to help you should you need it. We’re available via phone, email or you can come visit us at our offices.
Call our central events line on +44(0)20 7578 1010. We’re generally available between 09.00 and 17.30, Monday to Friday.
We’re located just next to Westminster Abbey at 20 Great Smith Street, London, SW1P 3BT.
If you do wish to have a meeting with us, just give us a call or send us an email as we have to book you in with the office security.
Funding & DTI Grants
VisitBritain works very closely with our government partners over at the Department for International Trade (DTI) to try and provide additional funding for UK suppliers that couldn’t normally afford to attend our events.
A limited number of grants ranging from £1,000 to £3,000 are available for some of our events and details of these can be found on the opportunities page for the respective event.
Companies must be classified as an SME according to DTI which means:
- An annual turnover lower than £40 million
- Less than 250 full time employees
VisitBritain also enacts further criteria which states that suppliers must be new to the event to be able to claim a grant. We can occasionally extend this to companies that are visiting an event for a 2nd time but please contact us for more details.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to obtain the correct application form from a member of the VisitBritain Events Team. Just submit a ticket or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll come back to you with all the details.
Terms & Conditions
The full terms and conditions for delegates wishing to join our events can be found by downloading them via the link below. Please ensure you have read these terms and conditions carefully before proceeding.
Finance – When do I need to pay?
VisitBritain requires payment 30 days prior to the start of an event.
We generally issue invoices 2 to 3 months prior to the start of an event and you are asked to make payment within 14 days.
If you have an enquiry in relation to an invoice, please contact the Sales Ledger department on email@example.com.
Cancellation policies vary by event however our standard cancellation policies are:
- 12 weeks prior to start date of the event: full refund of the participation fee
- 8 to 12 weeks prior to start date of the event: 30% of the participation fee will be charged
- 4 to 8 weeks prior to start date of the event: 75% of the of the participation fee will be charged
- 0 to 4 weeks prior to start date of the event: 100% of the participation fee will be charged
Occasionally we have a waiting list for an event and and if we can sell your ticket you will not be charged.
If you want to discuss your booking please call or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.